No, I'm not telling you your job - I wouldn't know where to start! But I have seen a lot of bands, and each of these tips would help at least one of them.
These are a few tips on how to get the best out of LocalnLive - and may help in your marketing!
- Personalise your page - the page is YOURS, and I'm happy
to put anything you want on it (but do remember it's a
family-friendly site!). Videos, pictures, history, contact details, links to your facebook page - whatever; use that space.
- Give me contact details, so venues can find you.
I tour all the pubs every few weeks, and without fail, at least one has a blank sheet or a cancellation, and needs to find a band or six. I have no desire to get involved in bookings - you or your agent do that - but I'm happy to give out information that may get you a booking. You might consider adding that info to your page, that's up to you. But if I have it, I may be able to get your foot in the door!
- Describe yourselves!
Send us a paragraph that describes your music - useful for music lovers, useful for venues looking for new bands!
- Send us a logo - create that unique
ID for posters etc.
- Are You on Facebook? - If I haven't
added a link to your page, do let me know!
- Make sure I have your best video - especially if the band has changed, or you're doing new stuff.
- Add a new song at least once a year (!) - Nothing kills bookings quicker than people saying "They do the same set every time".
There'll be more - I'm still learning!