No, I'm not telling you your job - I wouldn't know where to start. But I have been to a lot of venues - and each of these tips could help at least one venue ...
These are a few tips on how to get the best out of LocalnLive - and may help in your marketing!
- Personalise your page ... The page is YOURS, and I'm happy to put anything you want on it (but do remember it's a family-friendly site!). This might include non-music events, sport, food offering - whatever; use that space.
- If You Are Looking For Bands ... Say so on your page, plus the kind of music you're looking for - useful for music lovers, useful for venues looking for new bands!
- Open Mic Nights? ... If it isn't already on your page, let me know and I'll add it to your page plus (if it's regular) to the Open Mic Page. If your open mic / jam evening has a named singer or band leading it, then it'll get a front page listing.
- Book Early For Christmas ... and other special occasions.
The best bands often get booked months ahead, so don't
leave it until the last moment. You don't want to get stuck
with One Direction. Again. And make sure you let me know!
- Are You on Facebook? - If I haven't
added a link to your page, do let me know!
- January - Key time for booking gigs! - Not a lot of music around this time of year, for depressing, wintry reasons. But the good bands and singers are planning for the year - and the best get booked fast! Many venues are already planning for the year ahead - don't miss out. Check our list of bands and singers.
There'll be more - I'm still learning!